Thursday, March 20, 2008

Personal

Welcome

Hi everybody

Greetings from Ireland.

A month ago my GP's locum phoned me up at 8pm and told me to go to the hospital immediately about the results of a routine blood test, then said he would come and pick me up and take me there himself!!!! Scary, they admitted me immediately and spent the next ten days with insulin injections and other meds. I'd been in hospital six months earlier with sclerosis of the liver and it turned out that my enlarged liver was pressing against my pancreas. Type 2 Diabetes was diagnosed.

I'm bi-polar as well - depression and mania for a good few years. This news didn't help. Then I went on the web. Great - continual risk of hypo or hyper coma, I'd eventually go blind and probably have a foot amputation after I graduated to Type 1. Heavy Stuff. BUT.......

The Good News : Diabetes Type 2 can be managed! I take my blood sugar readings everyday; careful about my diet; take my medication religiously; exercise (well I could do more); take care of my feet; got some new glasses (would you believe my eyesight has actually improved);joined this forum! I'll set up my own Diabetes Blog and I have.

If you want to add to this, feel free

Philip

Personal Blog: http://pjb-pjblog.live.com , http://pjb-pjblog.blogspot.com
Email: philipjamesbryan@live.com

No comments: